Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Apartment Project One.


I've seen a lot of design shows and articles showing color blocked bookshelves.  I am so obsessed with this creative, ingenious idea and have been dying to do this in my own place. Before I dive into how I achieved this in my space, here are some inspirational images..






*photos courtesy of www.mariakillam.com, thewhiteapproach.blogspot.hk, apair-andaspare.blogspot.com, refinery29.com


The plan/sketch: Install white floating shelves with color coordinated books.

My new apartment is a historic brownstone with very high ceilings.  Installing floating white shelves vertically up the wall is a great way to bring the eye up and get our crap off the floors.  Incorporating the color blocked book is a unique way to add a pop of color to our white/neutral color palette.


Since its an old apartment and whats beyond the walls are a mystery, we needed some serious tools and professionals, aka the brother and sister in law:)

  Far beyond my comprehension, except for the obvious. 







Obviously while the boys were doing the heavy work, the girls were color coordinating books;)

Tada!!

Not as grand as the inspirational images but still interesting and neat in a small New York City apartment:)

Lot's more apartment decor and DIY ideas to come!

2 comments:

  1. great blog chekout my blog at

    http://www.definingwords.blogspot.com

    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this idea! It looks great!

    Hug´s,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete